Martins Upitis presents an updated version of his amazing Game Engine Water Shader.
Update: the .blend file of this demo is now available for download.
This is an update video to one of my oldest projects in the making. previous video. Nothing much has changed since the last video, I just have a better computer now and I recorded it in a higher quality and framerate.
The water shader is based on my own observations.
- reflection with accurate fresnel refectance model
- refraction with chromatic aberration
- projected caustics on geometry from the water surface based on normals
- seamless transition to underwater (no fake fog added)
- accurate water volume with light scattering
- incident and light ray color extinction based on water color and sunlight
- simple coastline detection based on terrain`s height-map
does not yet feature:
- displaced water geometry
- underwater particles
- underwater light rays from caustics
Sky model is based on Preetham, but implementation is from Simon Wallner, with a significant (artistic) changes done by myself.
I have also included an overly exaggerated experimental glitter shader and a completely procedural "water droplets on lens" shader.
sound files from freesounds.org