Antonioya's new free Blender addon MeasureIt makes it easy to design more accurate models by measuring right in the Blender viewport. Measurements update in real-time as you manipulate your models, this is certainly something I could have used for my 3D Printing design work!
MeasureIt is an add-on designed for displaying measures in the viewport, making the process of design objects with exact measures, easier.
These tools are extremely useful for any job that requires exact measurements, including architectural projects, technical design and 3D printing.
You can use it for:
- Mesh vertex to vertex measure: Length between vertices in the same mesh.
- Mesh vertex labeling: Add a label to any mesh vertex. This allows identify easily different areas or objects in the scene.
- Object to Object: Distance between object origins, vertex to origin or vertex to vertex.
- Object to origin: Distance between object origin to scene origin or vertex to scene origin.
- Allows work with different scales.
The measures can be used with Meshes, Empties, Lamps and Cameras. Blender units, Metric and Imperial are supported.
As all measure definitions are saved in the blend file, you can save the file and the next time you use it, the measures will be ready.
Changes in version 1.3
- New Mesh angles.
- Show measure changes in EDIT mode.
- Cleaning measures not used when saving.
- Small bug fixing.
Changes in version 1.4
- Now several segments can be created at the same time selecting by vertex, edge, face or edge loops.
- Now you can use or not selected axis in distances.
- Added degrees symbol to angles.
- New button for deleting all object measures.
- Fixed bug if scene scale is different of 1.
Using angles and some tips: