Mumu Mundo writes:
Blender Grease Pencil is a superb tool for 2D animation and I previously created a bunch of Grease Pencil rigs and tutorials – including the Peppa Rig tutorial we saw in a previous story – aiming always to simplify 2D rigging inside Blender while making it more powerful.
But Grease Pencil is still limited especially when it comes to rigging. Among the limitations are the inability to use Shape Keys, not casting shadows and not supporting Shading Nodes.
That’s why I decided this time to model a 2D character using polygons and meshes, add Grease Pencil Line Art to it and rig it.
I took my time not only to make a powerful rig, but also to make it as simple as possible to create and animate.
In the following 4 minutes video you can see all what the rig can do.
It is now available on Gumroad with a 20% discount if you use coupon code RIG20OFF (limited to the first 10 buyers).
In the download you will get:
- a 10 minutes video guide to teach you modeling, coloring, working with shape keys and drivers, etc,
- a text file with a list of free resource videos,
- a fully rigged Boy model,
- the original Rigify Meta-rig that you can copy and adapt to new human models,
- a sample animation you can study,
- an additional Man model as a base to create new models.
Thank you for reading this post and for supporting the free content I’m making by buying my products and following my tutorials on Youtube.