Nothing exciting this week, most developers are on holidays anyway.
Possible Blender 2.91.1 corrective release remains on hold for now, we do have quiet a list of potential fixes , final decision will be taken early next year.
We did switch to BCon2 for Blender 2.92 release last week, as scheduled. This means only polishing and bugfixing is expected in master now.
Happy Christmas to everybody!
New Features and Changes
The start of the new asset system, for organizing assets across and within projects. Includes operators to mark datablocks as assets, and an asset browser to view assets. The asset browser shows assets in user defined asset folders, and in the current file. (notes ) (Julian Eisel)
- New Point Separate node (commit ) (Hans Goudey)
- New Attribute Compare node (Hans Goudey)
- New Attribute Color Ramp node (commit ) (Jacques Lucke)
- New Poisson Disk Point Distribution node (commit ) (Sebastian Parborg, Dalai Felinto)
- Point Instance: option to randomly pick instances from collection (commit ) (Jacques Lucke)
- Attribute Randomize: make output stable values (commit ) (Hans Goudey)
- Support outputting instances and pointclouds on mesh objects. (commit ) (Jacques Lucke)
- Basic support for edit mode cage editing with geometry nodes. (commit ) (Jacques Lucke)
- Add Boolean attribute type (commit ) (Hans Goudey)
- Color Management
- Use scene linear HSV for number buttons in color pickers (commit ) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Grease Pencil
- Array modifier: add option for uniform random scaling (commit ) (Cody Winchester)
- Better handling of missing linked data on resync (commit ) (Bastien Montagne)
- New Exposure Node (commit ) (Aaron Carlisle)
- Add options to select neighboring handles (commit ) (Peter Fog)
- Add Overlay popover panels (commit ) (Peter Fog)
- Reorder Tools in Sequencer/Preview (commit ) (Peter Fog)
- Paste strips after playhead by default (commit ) (Peter Fog)
- Remove cost calculation from cache (commit ) (Richard Antalik)
- Improve motion-picture workflow (commit ) (Richard Antalik)
- Action Strip default Sync Length to on (commit ) (Wayde Moss)
- User Interface