It's Tolga from ShareTextures.com. I've beencreating free PBR Textures for more than a year.
With the friendly support of BlenderNation and CC0Textures, ShareTextures reached a lot of people and our textures were downloaded more than a million times in a year.
ST has 1000+ textures now. Most of PBR maps created using bitmap to the material. But after this month I'll upload only procedural and scanned textures.
In two years, I learned a lot of things about texture creation methods, and I tried different methods and workflows. In my opinion, the best way to create realistic textures is scanned textures. And I decide to add more scanned textures on the ST database.
I will keep everything CC0 like before. I would like to thanks our patrons for their donations. Their support keeps ShareTextures alive and lets me improve myself.
Last month, as I promise, I hired a coder and he wrote code for ShareTextures.com. He used Texturehaven's open website code and modify it for our needs. I would like to thanks Greg Zaal for sharing his code with an open license.
- Reached more than 1.000 PBR textures. 700 of them free, +300 patron-exclusive textures.
- Second Preview Images added.
- Shader Preview changed.
- Speed Improvements
- Code Improvements
- Patreon Integration:
- Patrons can log in and download patron-exclusive textures
- Goal bar/patrons name/texture counts etc. automatically updating
- DIY PBR Scanner (I started to create it already. it will done in few days)
- Hosting textures
- Clearing Adsense ads
- Equipment update: New Camera, Polarization filters etc.
Here some of our textures:
If you want to support us, check our Patreon page. I am open to any suggestions or ideas to improve my website and myself. I'm waiting for your comments.