- Nathan Letwory started a proposal on how to handle LTS . Feedback is welcome.
- Added contributors (welcome all!):
- Robert Gützkow now has commit rights for the Blender repository.
- Marco Pavanello now has commit rights for the Add-ons repository to develop “Real Snow”.
- Michael Soluyanov now has commit rights for the Add-ons repository to maintain themes.
Google Summer of Code
- The students’ proposals are currently under review (until April 30).
- Mentors to start reviewing the proposals, and claim the proposals that they want to mentor.
- bcon3 is next week’s Wednesday on April 15th.
- Nathan Letwory will prepare a workboard to reflect what needs to be done still for the release.
- There are at the moment 25 known high priority bugs .
- Developers to fix high priority bugs in their area and find other bugs that have not being marked as high priority.
Final release schedule presented by Nathan Letwory:
- bcon1 April 15, 2020 (master)
- bcon2 June 10, 2020 (master)
- bcon3 July 8, 2020 (blender-v2.90-release)
- bcon4 August 5, 2020 (blender-v2.90-release)
- bcon5 August 12 20, 2020 (blender-v2.90-release)
As a follow up for last week intention of making communication more open there are a few new things:
- A new subforum in devtalk to register any meeting developers have. These notes should be treated as public documents - readable by someone not in the meeting. All developers are encouraged to use it.
- New changes in blender.chat to facilitate 1:1 discussions to happen publicly (see next).
- Daily Activity Reports posted on #blender-coders with the work from the BI/BF developers (contributors that want to be included, just poke Dalai Felinto before 17h CEST).
- There are still no decisions on the communication channels for the modules. Each module is still free to decide whether to use devtalk or blender.chat or bf-committers.
- Threads and discussions were re-introduced last week.
- There are mixed impressions on how much they help or get on the way.
New Features and Changes
- Sculpt Mode ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Share Automasking options between all brushes.
- Automasking option to use Face Set boundaries.
- Face Sets support for Multires.
- Option to delay updating mesh until viewport navigation ends, for smoother navigation.
- Voxel Remesh ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Add operator to interactively edit voxel size.
- Add Voxel mode to the Remesh modifier, matching the Remesh operator.
- Sequencer: show f-curves for opacity and volume values on strips. ( Alessio Monti di Sopra )
- Fluids: more accurate subframe support ( Jacques Lucke )
- Cycles: optimize Noise textures with AVX for modern CPUs. ( Omar Ahmad )
- Mesh Edit: M key now opens the Merge menu, Alt+M opens the Split menu. ( Campbell Barton )
- Armature Edit: add Select Linked support with Ctrl+L ( Campbell Barton )
- Curve Edit: improve extrude to extrude segments rather than individual points. ( Germano Cavalcante)