We will try post a single email on Mondays with the core points related to the developer and the coordinators meeting. A more complete report from the developer meeting will still be available on devtalk.
- Jacques Lucke presents a new design for particle nodes .
- Antonio Vazquez is working on input lag in Windows , for Grease Pencil smooth strokes
- There have been some issues with the devs working with the new branch system. As mentioned in the bf-committers list , we will try to forbid from the server side merging from master to 2.81.
Blender 2.81 - bcon3
- It is time to remove all the done tasks from the module pages, so 2.82 bcon1 starts fresh again ( Dalai Felinto )
- Dalai Felinto will also check all the bugs tagged as “Blender 2.81” to be sure they will all be tackled in time.
- The Multires bug (T58473 ) still need to be tackled and is essential for the new sculpting pipeline ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Mac build was broken (seems to be ok now) - we can use more developers helping maintaining the Mac build system.
Blender 2.82 - bcon1
- We already have a few tasks tagged as 2.82 .
- Module owners are to tag more if they think they will be done in a release cycle.
- The tasks priorties need update too: anything that we plan to do for 2.82 should be listed under Medium Term as medium (yellow) or high (red) priority.
- We still need to hidre more developers ( Ton Roosendaal ).
- From there the meeting got sidetracked with talks about growth, training of new developers and onboarding.
New Features and Changes
The last remaining changes have been done for Blender 2.81, now it will receive bug fixes only.
- File Browser: add back Delete, which now moves files to the trash ( Robert Guetzkow )
- Collections: in the viewport, “Use Local Collections” now support showing collections that are hidden in other viewports. ( Dalai Felinto )
- Sculpt: support remaining new tools for multires. ( Brecht Van Lommel, Sergey Sharybin )
- Sculpt: optimized multi-threading by using Intel TBB. ( Brecht Van Lommel )
- 2D Paint: antialiasing of brush strokes, which avoids artifacts particularly with small brush radius. ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Viewport: only hide locked transform manipulator axes for matching spaces. ( Julian Eisel )
- GPU: show one-time startup warnings for old Intel drivers with known issues. ( Brecht Van Lommel )
- Python API: support passing a function to
WorkSpace.status_text_set(), so operators can draw arbitrary text and icons in the status bar. ( Campbell Barton )
Weekly progress reports