Vlad T. Mafteiu-Scai writes:
Perfect lighting and reflections in Blender 2.8+
HDR-Studio is a Blender addon that helps you produce eye-candy results, with thousands of possible lighting solutions for your product, character or other 3D art. With HDR-Studio, you’ll discover new lighting setups, and create a gorgeous render in minutes.
- Procedural Lights: Ellipse and Polygonal
- Image Lights
- Unlimited Lights
- Supports native paint tools painting on the HDRI.
- Independent light bulb settings with brightness curve editing.
- Flat, Gradient(linear,radial and conical falloffs) and image textures.
- Multiple Blend Modes supported to mix lights and images together
- Real time updates in preview render(Cycles Render)
- Export the 32bit image as HDR or OpenEXR
New changes for Blender 2.8:
- Works with Eevee!
- Multithreaded and faster overall due to major code rewrite and cleanup.
- New border previews for faster operations when moving lights.
- Max Brightness is now 100. We included soft values too.
- Scale and rotate limitations are now gone.
- Imported images can be used as lights, not just as a background.
- Append HDR images with lights from another blend file.
- Added icons instead of ugly checkboxes.
- Reorder lights in layer list.
- Several bug fixes.