Vilem Duha writes:
Seems the long wait will be over soon for all of us! We've been working to improve BlenderKit in Blender 2.8 as much as we could. Here's a list of new features that have been introduced in recent versions of BlenderKit add-on (and server).
- New Log-in method: Until recently, there was a need to copy/paste API key from our pages. Now you can click on a login button and you can log in through a web interface.
- Search results are better sorted, we expect this to improve still with time.
- Since 1.0.23 version of the addon, you don't have to mark assets for validation. You just mark your assets as private if you want them private, otherwise, validation will be processed automatically after some time after upload. Mark for validation was very confusing for a lot of users, especially if they didn't watch/read our tutorials.
- We support profile pictures by Gravatar. These are shown in asset previews directly in Blender.
- Author's detailed info is now displayed in the previews.
- Author's website can be opened directly from the addon. (Just input your www in your profile). * Shortcut is W key pressed when hovering over an asset in blender.
- All Author's assets can be displayed, by pressing A key over an asset.
- Asset preview is now overlayed, which makes it more space-saving. This enables actually larger previews if your 3d view is small.
- All material preview types have been improved, but the changes will be most visible for Cloth type, which now supports microdisplacement and proper texture size application.
- Freebies category is gone. Because we have so many free models now, they became hardly browsable. Now there's a checkbox to search only free models.
- Search by style. Great for separating lowpoly vs realistic assets .
- Cancelling of downloads is now supported
- Last but not least, I squished may bugs.
New assets are added every day, and a very big percentage is shared as free by the uploading creators, as can you see in the web gallery or directly in add-on.