Fit Lattice lets you quickly add a lattice deformation cage around a mesh or multiple meshes.
In the past when I wanted to quickly change the proportions of an object with a Blender lattice, I have found it time-consuming to create a lattice, define it's size and subdivisions, make it the right size for the mesh (or meshes) I am deforming, and then add one or more Lattice modifiers to the original object(s) and assign the lattice object. This add-on does all this in one click and has the option of presets.
- Quick workflow: Select the object(s) you want to deform, and select the 'Fit Lattice' menu option.
- Configurable: In one operation, also configure the number of subdivisions in the lattice object.
- Select multiple: One lattice can be applied to many meshes when those meshes are selected.
- Presets: Choose from a pre-defined list (2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4...) and/or define your own.
- Quick deforms: The tool can be used to quickly deform a mesh, for instance, a 'taper' operation.
All this and more available at my Blender Market page at: https://a.blendernation.com/go/go.php?src=BN&url=https://blendermarket.com/creators/mark-kingsnorth
If you have any questions, issues or feature requests, contact me through Blender Market or reach me on Twitter @markkingsnorth.