CD Carswell writes:
b3dplanetgen is a collection of Blender resources that streamlines the creation of planetary objects, with the main goal of it being easy to use, highly customizable, and fairly modular. All resources are stored in one downloadable blend file.
Planetary objects are created using a large network of procedural nodes which are controlled by several sliders on custom node groups.
- 3 customizable shaders: Surface, Clouds, and Atmosphere
- Control over large-scale, medium-scale, and small-scale surface details
- Ocean and polar ice caps generator
- Adjustable shader parameters (roughness, IOR, anisotropy, etc.)
- Quick non-shaded preview (emission output)
- Volumetric planet support
- Ability to use custom heightmap