The Curves to Mesh add-on quickly generates surfaces from bezier curves.
Mark Kingsnorth writes:
A tool I thought would be useful when I very first started to create models: Quickly create and configure mesh surfaces from bezier curves. Ideal for creating machine parts or for more organic modelling.
Choose to create meshes from 1, 2 or 4 curves with a customisable number of cuts in each direction that are evenly distributed by default. Meshes can be created from curves with multiple bezier points.
- Works on curves with multiple bezier points.
- Useful when you need to create accurate pieces of a mesh, like an aircraft, or for more organic shapes.
- Faces can be set to smooth or have their normals flipped during the creation process.
- Works on a variety of bezier handle types (Vector, Aligned, Free)
- A network of curves could be built up to create more complex objects.
- Can be used as a complement to more traditional modelling techniques.
- By default the edges will be distributed evenly, but this effect can be reduced (see instructions).