1) Blender 2.58
- Everyone gets compliments with the smooth 2.58 release, bi-monthly cycles ftw! :)
For loading old it files requires to use "Strip -> Rebuild proxy"
menu. Wiki log follows!
- Keymap fix: Brecht, Campbell & Ton had meeting discussing how this system would become reliable for both usage as save/load and add-on cases. Ton writes out proposal.
- Campbell added scriptlink-style callbacks: scripts can be assigned to on-load and on-render now.
He looks into scene-change and other options too.
- Campbell will present a wiki doc with Import/Export status overview of Blender.
2) Other projects
- Brecht has big Cycles engine commit coming, draw mode changes and texture worflow.
- Branch developers, update on status for merging plans?
3) Google Summer of Code
- Salad merging with current trunk gives problems. Who helps?
- Joshua proposes (most of his) work could go to trunk for 2.59.
Agreed to review this during next weeks.
- Midterm evaluation is in 2 weeks! In general the students do great, some need to get inspired to communicate their progress, plans and results better though. Being handled on the soc-dev list.
- One student never responded to mails, Christopher Neal from sas.upenn.edu. Anyone there who can check if all's OK with him?