An update from the heart of the Blender Development community.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
1) Current projects
- Reminder: check module owner page to update status: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/ModuleOwners-New
- Martin progresses well on his network render script. He needs OSX help though, making the .app with scons might not work.
- Benoit gives update on the logic editor project. He used zlib license on the logic handling module itself, for future re-use. The module will handle execution and evaluation, the Blender node system itself will be used for node tree editing and storage. For that some extensions on Blender's nodes are still needed though, like other socket placement rules and (hierarchical) grouping/ collapsing or other ideas for more pleasant editing of complex setups.
2) Blender 2.5
- Brecht, Campbell and Ton sat down an afternoon to go over the target list for the next release. Notes for this are still in pencil and draft, will be posted here later. Most of this is common and known stuff.
- Ton mentions he would prefer a more strict usage of the official property and operator names in the panels. At least for the official release, a full consistant and naming will help searching properties and tools in the UI and in Wiki a lot, it helps translating the UI, and people writing books, and so on. Topic needs some design to check on how to tackle drawbacks (like duplicate names) best.
Laters, wish you a very happy holidays & merry christmas!