Ton Roosendaal writes:
Most of meeting was about getting ready for the first official 2.5 test build, which should be released monday or tuesday.
Test build todos
- Special request from user: put back "emulate numpad" option.Â (Suprise at end of meeting, Brecht committed it!)
- Blender game player: is being patched with a 'stubs' C file, to solve all unresolved symbols because RNA API is using Editor and Windowmanager code. Needs solid solution. For after release.
- Meeting discussed open bugs. No showstoppers, but still enough work!
- Note: Campbell proposes to improve Python UI API names, they currently use too much of legacy C code conventions.
- First test build name: 2.5 alpha 0.Â After long debate! But there's a wide consensis to call it alpha, which is important too. :)Â Technically the release code is 2.50, next will be 2.51, hence the '0' or '1' behind the names.
- Builds are made by:
Windows 32 and 64 bits: Nathan Letwory
Linux 32 and 64 bits: Ken Hughes
OS X 10.5 PPC 32 bits: Jan Devera (devroo):
OS X 10.5 Intel 32 and 64 bits: Jens Verwiebe
- Splash code (Campbell tries, Matt monday if needed)
- Splash design: A durian gfx is underway, will be last commit as usual
- Matt finished release notes
- Brecht will commit tomorrow a new multires system, dumping levels as external files to the disk, freeing up a lot of memory. (And yes, bmesh future proof!