Erwin Coumans is working on integrating his Bullet Physics Library into the game engine for the upcoming 2.42 release. In order to test it and to have some cool demos when it is released, he is challenging you to come up with a cool game prototype that uses his library.
Here are some suggestions for entries:
- Simulating a bowling alley (having different styles of pins, applying an impulse to a ball right at the start to knock them over)
- Having a Super Monkey / Marble Madness sphere type game
- Move a character object around a level, with moving platforms
- Using Erwins new physical vehicle code, make some crazy stunt levels!
- Set up a ragdoll to fall through extreme levels
- A FPS template (Erwin has mentioned working on a dedicated one, but having a generic example that can be currently used would be great)
- A 3rd person platformer
Erwin Coumans is the original developer of the current Blender game engine. He has worked for Not a Number and Havok, and is now Senior Physics Engineer at Sony Computer Entertainment.
Mal Duffin worked for NaN developing content for the Blender GE. He now works for CanDo Interactive developing Web 3D content.