Andrew Price and Jonathan Williamson discuss Blender’s interface in a THREE HOUR podcast! If you’ve been living under a rock for the last two weeks, there’s a big debate going on following Andrew’s posts on ‘Fixing’ Blender: part one and part two.
Jonathan Williamson and I sat down for a chat about Blender’s Interface: what’s good, what’s bad and how it can be approached as a community.
We covered a lot in the 3-hour podcast, including:
- Jonathan’s ideas for interface improvements
- LMB/RMB pros and cons (and Sebastian’s video)
- How ZBrush succeeded despite it’s completely “asinine interface”
- Why learning Blender from a one-on-one tutor is easier than flying solo
- A few ideas from my upcoming proposal video
- My terminology blunder
- The developer/user divide
- The future UI Team
- Whether a ‘Steve Jobs’ approach to management is good
- Getting your ideas listened to
- Should Blender use dialogue boxes for serious errors?
- and more.