Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Jacques Lucke will be in Amsterdam this week for another geometry-nodes workshop.
- The main goal is to move on with the attributes proposals.
- Current prototypes:
- builds available in buildbot.
- Add USD importer (commit) (Michael Kowalski)
- Use the active material slot when dropping a material on an object (commit) (Jeroen Bakker)
- Add tooltip for material drag and drop (commit) (Jeroen Bakker)
- User interface improvements
- Brush option to define Caps type (commit, commit) (Antonio Vazquez, Matias Mendiola)
- Select Random operator (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Add Merge Layer to the default keymap:
Shift+Ctrl+M(commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Select by Handle Type Node (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Curve Set Spline Type (commit) (Johnny Matthews)
- Add more warnings for out of bounds parameters (commit) (Eitan)
- Action Constraint: Add Split Channels Mix choices from Copy Transforms (commit) (Alexander Gavrilov)
- More flexible GI Approximation AO distance control (commit) (Sergey Sharybin)
- Make object Fast GI Approximation panel a subpanel of Shading (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Move Cycles visibility, holdout and shadow catcher properties to Blender (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Improve the font display name for text objects (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Add the option to draw viewport normals with a constant length (commit) (Piotr Makal)
- Add light count to viewport statistics (commit) (Falk David)
- Make loop-cut tool drawing consistent between the active tool gizmo and the operator (commit) (Anthony Edlin)
- Support N-gons in the laplacian smooth edit mode operation (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Improve performance by Tag normals dirty instead of calculating (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Action map support for XR controller input (commit) (Peter Kim)
- Allow Wingdings and Symbol Fonts (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Library Overrides
- Expose Color Management as argument for
gpu.types.GPUOffScreen.draw_view3d()(commit) (Gottfried Hofmann)