Tal Hershkovich writes:
The Animation Layers Add-on is updated to version 1.1
With a new improved UI, and new options:
- Locking Layers - when a Layer is locked, it will not be possible to edit its animation and layer properties. Notice that locking and solo options work separatly (and different) from locking and solo options in the NLA editor.
- Duplicate a Layer - it's now possible to duplicate a layer and decide if it will have a linked action, or a new user.
- Action Header - appears now in the animation layers panel as well. It's possible to select, load or create a new action in the selected layer. Notice that if an action was NOT created as an additive action, then it will not work properly with an additive layer with an "Add" blend mode. It will work properly only with "Replace" Blend mode.
- Merge options - such as smart bake will appear now only after clicking on Merge Layers.
- Tab Category - In the addon's preferences it's possible to rename and change the tab of the addon, similiar to the option in AnimAll addon.
- Better integration with the NLA editor - It is now possible to use also the NLA editor while working with Animation Layers addon, It is possible to add and remove tracks, and they will be updated in the Panel. However the addon will keep the following behavior: It will automatically always keep and pin its subtract track at the top(which doesn't appear in the layers ui panel).
- Tracks that have more or less then one strip, will be locked and disabled within the Animation layers panel, but still influencing the rest of the layers. The rule is One Animation Layer = One Track, One Strip, One Action.
- Until now when Starting Animation Layers NLA tracks were removed by default, in order to have a clean start, since the addon is working on top of the NLA. From now on it is optional. If you already started to work on a project with the NLA. you can still keep your tracks, and they will update in the panel.