Todor Nikolov writes:
This is the 3rd chapter in the "Rig Anything with Rigify" series.
In this section I cover how to use the prebuilt meta rigs that are available as soon as you activate the addon. (I also show how to activate it. ) My aim with this series is to allow Blender users to build their custom meta rigs. However using the default ones is a great way for beginners to get a taste for the Rigify workflow.
If you have some experience with Rigify you may still want to watch the videos. You'll learn how to fix some of the most common Rigify errors that people struggle with all the time.
Chapter 3-1: The Biped Meta Rig
Here we'll rig a fairly simple humanoid character.
Common errors that we'll troubleshoot:
- Generated rig is too big or too small
- RIGIFY ERROR: Bone ‘spine.004’: Cannot connect chain – bone position is disjoint. (<WTH, right?)
Chapter 3-1: The Quadruped Meta Rig
In this part we'll rig a simple dog character.
- Spine and tail are disjoint
- Generating two rigs in the same scene (can be confusing)
- Limbs bend in the wrong direction
- Why your rig does not generate properly
Look forward to next week when we'll start customizing the default meta rigs!