Notes for meeting of Monday, 23 December 2019. 18:00 CET / UTC 17:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- The Tracker Curfew has officially start.
- developer.blender.org had a few changes announced as part of the curfew.
- James Fulop (Yam) first contributed a patch in 2017, and wants to be involved again, a new patch sent yesterday for review - welcome.
- Nathan Letwory will be around for anything on development coordination / onboarding. Please remember to tag him directly (@jesterKing) on blender.chat if you need to talk to him.
- Ton Roosendaal and Sergey Sharybin will still be around as well, for anything else.
Changes / New Features
- A new system for smoke and fluid simulations - Mantaflow ( Sebastián Barschkis )
- Initial support for UDIM images ( Lukas Stockner )
- Added option to playblast only keyframes of selected objects ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- Clarified tooltip for Viewport Render Animation ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- De-duplicate mask context menu ( Campbell Barton )
- Tweaks to the brush Stroke panel ( William Reynish )
- Brush Settings overhaul ( William Reynish )
- Remove orphan datablocks directly from File->Clean Up menu ( Antonio Vazquez )
- Use DPI scale for transform cursors ( Campbell Barton )
- Prevent crash when opening file browser with mouse not in window ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- Hide dopesheet slider options for Annotations ( Antonio Vazquez )
- Object: ‘Affect Only Origins’ support for ‘Clear Transform’ ( Campbell Barton )
- ID Management: Improve speed of code used when creating/renaming an ID. ( Bastien Montagne )
- Workbench: Force Vertex Colors in Paint Mode ( Jeroen Bakker )
- Sculpt: Use more saturated colors in the cursor ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Industry Compat keymap: Add support for the context menu PC keyboard key ( William Reynish )
Weekly Progress Reports