- 2.81 bcon4 is here . New valid bug reports are still coming in. Developers are to keep an eye on the tracker. And remember remember to get your fix reviewed before comitting, no matter how small.
- Tomorrow 12/11 would be nice to have a final call on whether there are any show stoppers.
- If none, Wednesday (13/11) Nathan Letwory will tag, update splash and call ahoy in time for a release on Thursday. If there are any issues the release moves to Monday most likely (no releases on Friday!).
- If someone knows of known regressions/big issues that we won’t fix in time, please tag it as 2.81 or contact Dalai Felinto or Nathan Letwory. The plan is to list any of them in the wiki release log page (“Known Issues and limitations”).
- An experimental tab in the user preferences, for new features we want committed but don’t considered finished. Developers are encouraged to use that for design exploration and early feedback of controversial changes.
- After 2.81 is out of the way we will put together the 2.82 roadmap. Modules can start preparing a 6 month long roadmap. based on what they think is doable by 2.82 by the current team. Please tag the tasks for 2.82 (or poke coordinators if you need a 2.83 tag created). And update the module page accordingly.
Changes And New Features
- Close to 50 fixes, no new feature.
- VSE: open file browser sidebar by default when adding external strips (_Alessio di Sopra _).
- VSE: add a Set frame range to Strips operator (_Alessio di Sopra _).
- UI: Graph Editor Insert Keyframes Menu ( Harley Acheson ).
- Mathutils: expose the utility to find the closest point of a triangle ( Alexander Gavrilov ).
- Alembic: improved import/export of mesh normals ( Sybren Stüvel )
- Stretch To implement a mode similar to Damped Track for rotation ( Alexander Gavrilov ).
- Solidify Modifier: support non-manifold input ( Henrik Dick ).
- Preferences: when Developer Extras are enabled in the Interface tab, a new Experimental tab is shown. It will contain non-production ready features that need feedback and design iterations. ( Dalai Felinto )