Aidy Burrows writes:
Substance Designer is an incredible piece of material creation software, and while Blender isn't trying to compete with it (what with all the other incredible things Blender can do) it does happen to have a pretty decent collection of things that it can do already that is similar to that Designer style workflow.
With just a little setup we can...
- Show how to bake to a plane (and it's limitations)
- Setup camera and materials to render like a bake instead.
- Convert the bump node output to show the normal map texture updating in realtime
- Save out the texture passes
- Show the resulting renders working in PBR material environments such as Eevee and in Unreal Engine 4
There's much more that can be done with this admittedly we're just scratching the surface. :)