It happened! After years of debate, the default right-click select that often confused new Blender users has been replaced with (gasp!) a left-click!
Defaults: left click select is now the default.
A few reasons motivating this change:
- It works well for all devices: mouse, trackpad, and tablet pens.
- For beginners or users coming from other software, it's easier to get started and avoids an initial stumbling block.
- Many users in 2.7 (about half?) were already using left click select, so combined with the above advantages it makes for a practical default.
- Note that we continue to support right click select, as many experienced
- Blender users (and developers) see efficiency advantages in this approach.
The option to switch is in the first time setup splash screen, and in the