Simple Asset Manager for Blender 2.8. Works with objects, materials, hdr and particle systems.
Did this one due to dealys for internal asset manager for Blender (no rush guys, I get it; you will have more angles to look at the topic).
Made for simplicity of usage (if you have any ideas how to delete some buttons let me know).
None of the mangers I've tried was enough for me. Asset flinger was nice, but the idea with blender previews was much better/simple. Chocofur asset manager is almost perfect, but still, it had its cons: separate spaces for categories, and (i only assume) fixed categories. I'm not a big fan of tabs in Tools ribbon, I needed it to be small.
Focused on simplicity. Less buttons more functionality.
- Dynamic, and custom categories: Except of material, and particle this addon will follow your library layout, folders and subfolders.
- With Ctrl+scroll over the categories it is even faster.
- Small and simple UI. Simple, and small to modify code as you like.
- Opens blend, obj, fbx from the same place.
- Opens and sets hdr to the world
- Option to batch render all previews.