Quickly create and configure countless random shapes for a wide variety of purposes with Shape Generator.
- Generate ideas and abstract concepts for inspiration.
- Create base meshes for further editing such as spaceships, game assets, and objects I haven't even thought of.
- Create shapes for background assets or to add peripheral details.
The shapes are created by specifying a random number and then changing a range of length, scale and rotation parameters of the resulting extrusions. By default, the add-on will work to ensure that the faces of the shape won't overlap.
Other features include:
- You can choose whether the shape is mirrored in the X, Y and Z axis by a mirror modifier (or not at all).
- The add-on provides the option to add a subdivision surface modifier to the shape, and/or a bevel modifier to produce different effects.
- You can specify whether the algorithm favours in the X, Y, or Z direction to produce flatter shapes if desired.
- Scaling and rotation options allow you to change the overall profile of the shapes.
- Once ready, the modifiers will be left intact if you want to do further editing to the shape. Compatible with my other add-ons such as the Plating Generator, Bevelled Extrude and Window Generator, as well as other add-ons such as DECALMachine.
If you have a new feature request or any questions, either contact me via the Blender Market website or you can reach me on Twitter.
This could also be good for random, base mesh, rock generation.
Love this! Mark, you make the coolest addons. This is like a B3D 3D version of the 2D open-source Alchemy art canvas from several years back. (And it still does exactly what it needs to.) Thanks!