Quickly create and configure countless random shapes for a wide variety of purposes with Shape Generator.
- Generate ideas and abstract concepts for inspiration.
- Create base meshes for further editing such as spaceships, game assets, and objects I haven't even thought of.
- Create shapes for background assets or to add peripheral details.
The shapes are created by specifying a random number and then changing a range of length, scale and rotation parameters of the resulting extrusions. By default, the add-on will work to ensure that the faces of the shape won't overlap.
Other features include:
- You can choose whether the shape is mirrored in the X, Y and Z axis by a mirror modifier (or not at all).
- The add-on provides the option to add a subdivision surface modifier to the shape, and/or a bevel modifier to produce different effects.
- You can specify whether the algorithm favours in the X, Y, or Z direction to produce flatter shapes if desired.
- Scaling and rotation options allow you to change the overall profile of the shapes.
- Once ready, the modifiers will be left intact if you want to do further editing to the shape. Compatible with my other add-ons such as the Plating Generator, Bevelled Extrude and Window Generator, as well as other add-ons such as DECALMachine.
If you have a new feature request or any questions, either contact me via the Blender Market website or you can reach me on Twitter.