TexTools version 0.9.0 is out! You can download it free from my new TexTools website. In depth features and documentation can be found here.
TexTools is a Free addon for Blender 3D with a set of professional UV and Texture tools. Back in 2009 I released the Original TexTools for 3dsMax.
- Set UV/texture/baking size & padding
- Crop selection to UV bounds
- Resize or extend UV canvas
- swap and change UV channels
UV Layout tools
- Align Verts / Islands
- Align Island to edge
- Rotate 90 degree to bounds
- Align and UV shells by size,
- Iron Faces: unwraps selected faces to UV Island
- Select similar UV islands
- Select overlapping UV islands
- Select Island Bounds in 3D view
Texel Density tools
- Assign checker maps with non square, square in any sizes
- Get texel density from objects or selected mesh faces
- Set texel density to selected objects or selected mesh faces
- Scale texel density by individual UV islands or as a combined group
- Bake: Select object and press bake: That easy!
- Anti Aliasing for all bake types
- Bake to single texture or multiple
- 6 bake types: AO, ID map, normal, cavity, worn, gradient Z. And more to come.
- Automatically group objects by matching names.
- Supports lowpoly, highpoly to lowpoly, with or without cage and or floating objects
- Explode: Explode bake pairs
- Organize: Auto match bake object names by location and bounding box matching