Power Sequencer is a new open source add-on for Blender's sequencer. It's designed by content creators, for content creators.
I edited hundreds of videos with professional programs over the past 3 years. They tend to crash pretty badly, including the most expensive ones.
Now I work exclusively with Blender. Despite its limitations, it's the most stable video editor I've found. It's not the easiest to learn or the fastest out of the box, but it's never let me down. With a bit of Python magic, it also becomes more efficient over time.
Power Sequencer's main features
- Instant import: finds and imports all new videos, images and sound files in your project folder
- Render HD videos for Youtube, Twitter and Facebook in one keyboard shortcuts: Power
- Sequencer sets all the rendering parameters for you
- Cut, trim and edit faster than ever in Blender with smart mouse-based tools
Instant fades and crossfades
- Build better proxies with FFmpeg, using a Python script
It's now out in "alpha", in a fairly stable state. There's already 14 videos tutorials about both the Sequencer in general and the add-on's unique tools. And more to come!
We're working on docs with Davide Cristi, and anyone who'd like to help is more than welcome! A bit of Python, communication or writing mini video editing tutorials, we welcome all contributors. Hopefully this will help to bring more users to the VSE, keep it alive and help more creators appreciate its power.
Thank you for your time :)