Thatimst3r presents a huge video tutorial series Blender game design. Enjoy!
This is a Full BGE tutorial series showing you how to create a "proper" FPS setup from scratch. The series covers many different topics that can be applied to a variety of other applications. The topics covered include:
- BGE animation (with dopesheet)
- Using python to trigger events
- Logic for player control
- Switching between weapons (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Muzzle flare
- Grenades (explosive + smoke)
- knife (with typical fps knifing)
- Automatic gunfire + single fire
- ground impacts
- blood hit
- screen blood
- Plus heaps more!
Finished example .blends are provided at the end of each part.
The best part, they are all free of charge! You can access them from the playlist here:
For the final outcome checkout the finished .blend of part 21 or watch the trailer I made announcing the series.
Hopefully this will be of use to anyone who is serious about learning BGE!