The community powered SheepIt renderfarm just reached a milestone. Have you tried it yet?
SheepIt Renderfarm writes:
SheepIt renderfarm is proud to celebrate its 5,000,000th rendered frame!
SheepIt renderfarm is a community based render farm for Blender, where users help each other to render projects. It started 12 years ago as a personal project with 5 computers. Today, 150 machines, in average, are rendering, with spikes to 240.
It aims to be a user friendly render farm :
- Everything is FREE. You will never pay to get the end result.
- Everyone can take part in the farm. You don’t even need to have Blender installed to help other users.
- The more you compute, the more credits you get. The more credits you have, the faster your frames are rendered.
- GPU and CPU rendering are both supported (only Nvidia rendering is supported, but AMD will also be supported soon!)
- You can render either a single picture or a full animation.
- Every frame can be split into up to 64 tiles to be rendered simultaneously on 64 computers.
- Every Blender version since 2.65 are supported. Blender 2.75 support has been added the same day as official release day.
SheepIt is growing fast. It recently took less than 2 months to render 1,000,000 frames. It took 4 months last year to render the same amount of frames. From the beginning, users have rendered the equivalent of more than 61 years of computing time altogether.
A substantial part of SheepIt’s users are coming from BlenderNation ; that’s why SheepIt wants to thank you all. Also, new users from the BlenderNation community will be given 1.000 credits that can be used directly to render their jobs.