The community powered SheepIt renderfarm just reached a milestone. Have you tried it yet?
SheepIt Renderfarm writes:
SheepIt renderfarm is proud to celebrate its 5,000,000th rendered frame!
SheepIt renderfarm is a community based render farm for Blender, where users help each other to render projects. It started 12 years ago as a personal project with 5 computers. Today, 150 machines, in average, are rendering, with spikes to 240.
It aims to be a user friendly render farm :
- Everything is FREE. You will never pay to get the end result.
- Everyone can take part in the farm. You don’t even need to have Blender installed to help other users.
- The more you compute, the more credits you get. The more credits you have, the faster your frames are rendered.
- GPU and CPU rendering are both supported (only Nvidia rendering is supported, but AMD will also be supported soon!)
- You can render either a single picture or a full animation.
- Every frame can be split into up to 64 tiles to be rendered simultaneously on 64 computers.
- Every Blender version since 2.65 are supported. Blender 2.75 support has been added the same day as official release day.
SheepIt is growing fast. It recently took less than 2 months to render 1,000,000 frames. It took 4 months last year to render the same amount of frames. From the beginning, users have rendered the equivalent of more than 61 years of computing time altogether.
A substantial part of SheepIt’s users are coming from BlenderNation ; that’s why SheepIt wants to thank you all. Also, new users from the BlenderNation community will be given 1.000 credits that can be used directly to render their jobs.
Bart, the second link, which is suppose to point to the 5 millions frames, actually link to the 4 million frames.
Here is the right link.
Thanks! I've updated it.
Thank you. And congratulations to sheepit for over 5 millions rendered frames. Another great community.
Let's support this vvvery collaborative initiative.