Ton shares the notes of the developers meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Upcoming Blender 2.74 release
- Planning doc.
- Lukas Toenne mentions that Cloth sim fix has been committed now.
- In general all projects are ready for BCon4 period (urgent bugfix only, make test build).
- But! Last night's 16 commits from Joshua Leung raise some questions. A fix for Action user counting was needed, but this looks actually like complete new feature. There's already a crash report for it in tracker.
- Joshua could really post a doc, and we should do a quick code review? Let's talk about it!
Goal is to have Blender 100% stable now, risky commits can wait two weeks and go to 2.75.
(NB: Just a second before I wanted to send this mail, Joshua fixed above bug).
2) Other projects
- Kevin Dietrich mentions that Campbell Barton did an early code review of OpenVDB Particle mesher modifier. It's not approved yet. Lukas advises to keep separate from old particle code. Kevin will write a wiki doc with the design spec and usability case.
- Tomorrow Google announces which orgs get accepted for GSoC.