Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.70a update
- Check the long list of fixes already.
- Proposal is to do the 'a' release mid this week. Sergey Sharybin and Campbell Barton will coordinate it.
2) Release targets for 2.71
- Updated the project page (see 2.71 targets list below).
- We should move to "BCon2" now, but several developers have to confirm whether their proposed projects for 2.71 will make it (Compositor, Multiview, Baking, ...).
- Martijn Berger tested new OpenCL drivers (private beta). Even though it's a big step forward, it won't justify enabling OpenCL in Blender for the next release.
3) Other projects
- Per April, Tamito Kajiyama works for the Blender Development Fund on Freestyle targets. Everyone who's interested in his work can join the NPR mailing list.
Release Notes for features already added.
- Python 3.4 (fixes annoying windows issue).
- Split Normals, stage I.
- F-Curve Easing patch.
- FBX binary exporter (7.4). Already in master.
- Cycles Baking
- Branch & Patch migration list
- Cycles SSS on GPU, AO node
- Multi View (stereo 3D)
- Compositor cleanup and restructured node conversion
- Freestyle: Memory consumption improvements
- Freestyle: Textured strokes