Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the notes from today's IRC meeting:
1) Blender 2.62 planning
- We're now in "BCon3", the new features are in svn now and get fixed or finalized.
- Release planning still valid, 2.62 could be out in about two-and-a-half weeks.
- Proposal: let's do a call for an official test build mid this week already. And then do a week later an official RC.
- Sergey Sharybin mentions: FFmpeg has 0.10 release, which will get added to Blender now. He can do this for Linux and Windows, will need help from Jens Verwiebe for OS X.
- 2.62 Release log in progress. (Brecht, could you update this with Carve, Cycles, as you did so wonderfully for 2.61?)
- Remark: can Cycles get more passes, like light contribution or shadow? Brecht looks into it.
- The 2.62 Splash Committee is: Kevin Hays, Per Gantelius and Wray Bowling.
2) Other projects
- Nicholas Bishop will work on merging GSoC sculpt branch from Jason (Dev Fund supported)
- Lukas Toenne patch is ready for group nodes (documentation).