Blender devs need a hand with the new set of UV tools.
Hi everyone, the uv tools branch is nearing completion and needs some testing. During the last meeting there has been concern whether the new tools are needed or are tested enough. New features include:
- Support for high bit depth float textures in the viewport (useful to get more detail when painting bump maps or more precision in GLSL color operations)
- Subsurf Unwrapping (Unwrap the mesh as if it was subsurfed)
- Smart Stitch operator. (stitch now has a preview and automatic snapping/rotation of islands)
- Mark seams in uv editor
- Seams from islands operator in uv menu of the uv editor
- uv sculpting which allows you to relax and pinch uvs locally
If you want to participate in testing and leave feedback please head over to BlenderArtists.