A detailed videotutorial on using Cycles.
From the announcement:
Frederik Steinmetz has prepared an intermediate tutorial on Cycles. Not the usual "How to start Cycles and set up a simple scene" kind of tutorial but a guided tour around current pitfalls and lots of tips and tricks!
- An ultra-short introduction to the cycles render engine
- Setting up a simple demo scene
- Lighting in Blender Cycles
- Using textures in Cycles
- Easily lighten and darken materials and textures in Cycles
- How tos set up and tweak displacements
- Overview of the material setup for the spider
- How to cheat with lights in Blender Cycles