Here's a summary of today's topics:
1) Blender 2.60 planning
- As planned, we're moving to "BCoN4" level now, which means all focus and attention should go to the imminent release! Only crucial bug fixes now.
- Joshua Leung: uncommitted the new "rna caches". This was meant to allow (driver) updates of variable dependencies all over. Unfortunately it was slowing things down too much, or get into cyclic refreshing even.
- Sergey Sharybin: compositor can crash on load of files, has a fix waiting for Lukas Toenne to check
- Jens Verwiebe: using gcc 4.6 for OSX goes fine and will be our release. A (user preference) setting will be added for it, since OMP can't use all threads optimally. Testing revealed that only 2-4 threads goes optimal. This info will need to get in release logs too
- Ton Roosendaal reminds Joshua: can we get the red color in dopesheet/action/etc to become a (less dominant) theme color?
- Ton noticed playback speed regressions for subsurf chars... has good test case. Campbell Barton checks on it.
- Todo for next week: gather showstopper bugs. Campbell/Sergey/Brecht will be on tracker duties for all week.
- Campbell: the recent "navmesh" merge is adding a modifier only for 3D window drawing. That should be not a modifier then, add as exception in drawing code instead. He will contact Benoit Bolsee about it.
- Next tuesday the first 2.60 Release Candidates will be built. The following sunday we then review status and (probably) pin down the release date.
2) Other projects
- Cycles can get ready soon, Brecht expects he'll merge it before Blender Conference.
- Getting ready for 2.61: branches that are ready can notify that here.
You're blocking ads, which pay for BlenderNation. Read about other ways to support us.