Ton Roosendaal writes:
1) 2.5 project
- [Bug-]Tracker went up to 67, enough work todo still!
- Sergey announced that his "crazyspace" work to allow sculpting armature-deformed meshes is ready for final reviews. He'll get it reviewed first by Brecht, and then either commits or posts in tracker for further feedback.
- COLLADA: Ton had a concerned mail from COLLADA lead Remi Arnaud, he and Khronos offer their support, they also would love to see Blender to soon get the official Khronos Conformancy Badge! Nathan Letwory is in contact with Remi to check on what can be done together.
- Campbell mentions that all core IO scripts from 2.4 now are ported to 2.5. They work similar or better (x3d) even now. Campbell offers to make a test suite for Import/Export with default reference .blend files.
- Nathan will post a diagram with the current state (support level, features) of our Import/Export scripts.
2) Other projects, branches
- Lukas Toenne updated his blog about his particle node work.
- That post, and Jeroen's proposal for OpenCL could be copied to our code blog too! Ton will set this going.
- This week we'll also check which of the tablet work from Mike Erwin can go to trunk.
- Ton notices Tamito Kajuyama nicely keeps his Non-Photo-Realistic render branch (FreeStyle) upto date with the 2.5 trunk. Testers and reviewers welcome!