1) Current Projects
- Sergey Sharybrin is investigating problem with sculpting on shape keys Joerg Mueller feels .blend file reading: ipo->curve conversion code should be moved, he suggests the following patch.
- Campbell Barton wrote a modifier yesterday, similar to hooks but more flexible.
- There was discussion about the need for a modifier stack owner/owners or team of such folks for review and approval.
- Lukas Tonne has spent two days merging his two big particle patches into one huge patch
- Nathan Letwory is still reviewing and updating libs for windows and win64.
2) 2.5 progress
- Campbell Barton noted that curve deformer behaviour is now more correct, but differs from previous releases example of before and after.
- Tom Musgrove inquired what would be allowed for merging from the sculpt branch for 2.5 release. Ton would like it discussed with Nicholas Bishop and Brecht.
- Nathan Letwory will check on matt's patch for datafile paths.
- Campbell Barton would like the python API's cleaned up before release, he will mail his list of proposed changes to the list.
- He will also provide a script to correct driver and fcurve paths.
- Campbell also proposed either marking the Render API as unstable for the release and/or removing it.
- It was pointed out that a number of external renderers are making use of this API so their input should be sought on what the most desirable path would be.
- Ton suggested a possible compromise might be to keep the api but documented as limited. For projects that are making use of the existing API - gamekit, lux render, yafaray, vray please give input
- Ton pointed out that we have 329 bugs in the 2.5x tracker. It was pointed out by Tom that arguably there are now fewer bugs in 2.5x than in 2.49b due to many ofthe bugs in the 2.5x tracker being bugs
- present in both versions.
3) Google Summer of Code
Here are the weekly status reports of the GSoC Students
- Joshua Lueng - physics simulation integration to core animation system
- Konrad Kleine - paint tools update
- Rohith B.V. - quad remeshing
- Mitchell Stokes - GLSL shaders
- Nick Samarin - Recast/Detour pathfinding
- Leif Andersen - testing framework
- Nicholas Bishop - multires upgrade
- Mike Erwin - fancy input devices
- Jason Wilkins - sculpt tools
- neXyon - GE API
4) Durian, Siggraph, etc
- Siggraph: there are 2 BoFs, but no tradeshow info yet, all funds are being swallowed by sintel atm, and additional sponsorship hasn't materialized yet. Even a small siggraphbooth costs 15k USD + flight, hotels, etc.
- The majority of work will end on sintel just a week before siggraph, some parts are then most likely still needed to get rendered.
- The Blender Institute is interested in doing a stereoscopic render of Durian, but only if adequate funding for a quality steroscopic version can found.
- Ton plans to not start a new open movie until he did at least half a year of code work to finish all leftover 2.5 design issues and stability topics.