The (almost) weekly update from the Blender Developers.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
1) Current projects
- Joerg (Nexyon) has Ogg Vorbis and Theora sound worknow. Wav and flac coming.
- Shaul reports that Lux Render project moved to 2.5 integration.
- Thomas reminds us to the module owner list again. Should get more priority now!
2) Next 2.5 release
- Brecht compliments everyone with bug tracker attack! Open issues went down from 275 to 138 in a week, with even 80 new reports added. (Special thanks to Brecht, Campbell & Matt!).
- Matt has summer holidays now, will do some docs and website work this week, and resumes work in March
- Time for a new and final release target list, with essential fixes and todos. Ton has it on his list to present a.s.a.p. Target is still to make a next release fit for documentation work.
- Ton proposes a full feature stop until we can call Blender "stable" and "usable" again. It's time to get past the alpha or beta discussions, and just put all efforts in having a working Blender as usual.
- Related to that, the 2.5 roadmap plan should be adjusted, based on fewer updates and state as we're in now. Next release (2.5 beta 1) could arrive within a month or so... depends on how complicated the release target list will be.
- Jason mentions that he'd prefer toolbox back (as for 2.4x), which was a good feature for documentation for him. Ton invites all documenters to send in their top hotlists todos (only the essentials please!) this week latest.