Based on the release log the following changes occured for version 1.1:
- Support for Joystick / Wheel and Pedal input devices.
- Improved drivability and physics settings. (Not as yet resolved, but improved)
- Auto Recovery for the car.
- Track changes and additional environmental models.
- Ambient effects such as moving clouds and sun with lens flare and glows
- Particles (when you nitro boost)
- Customisable difficulty setting added.
- Improved AI.
- Improved wrong-way detection.
- AI made pluggable.
- Minor bug-fixes.
This means that its getting closer to a Commercial Game.
You can head over to the Download page and test this new improved version.