Daniel Salazar (ZanQdo) of GraphicAll has posted a sweet Windows build of the latest CVS. You have to check this out.
*Please note that builds from the CVS are not considered final builds and should be used for feature testing only.
A summary from the build page:
- Tangent vectors now can also be derived from orcos (No UV needed)
- Normalmaps now properly support tangent space as well (Patch provided by Alfredo de Greef). A full log of these changes can be found here.
- Upgraded Modifier Stack in BF CVS
- Texture paint in 3d view is VERY fast now, just be sure to use order of 2 images and turn off mipmaps in the prefs, "Soften" and "Smear" brushes are also suported, and textures can be used as alphamaps.
- There are also some neat little UV options in the UV/Image editor:
ZanQdo also has two demo videos on the build page if you would like to see the array modifier work with the curve modifier and adding deforming modifiers over constructive modifiers. Looks like I'll be addicted to the CVS builds again!