No list begs to be incomplete like one entitled "Essential Blender Resources," and the one posted here earlier was no exception. Here are a few more essentials that were not mentioned in the earlier post. Gentlemen, get your bookmarkers ready!
- The Katorlegaz Blender 3D Model Repository - free, high quality Blender models ranging from animals to kitchen appliances to weapons.
- Sonix' Car Materials Library - 54 hot-roddin' blender materials that include chromes, auto paints, and more.
- Blender Materials Library - A collection various blender materials, a must-have for every Blender user.
- BrianH's Fur Library Vol 1 - A library of furs and fibers that takes advantage of the improved hair settings in the Blender 2.4 series.
- Imageafter - Free, high resolution (1600x1200) textures and reference images.
- Texture Bin 342 - Free high resolution photographic texture maps.
- Free Game Textures - Free JPG textures designed for realtime 3D.
- Fixing Lighting Irregulaties in Self-Tiling Maps - A tutorial on creating seamless repeating texture maps from photos.
- Mayang's Free Textures - Over 850 free, high resolution textures.
- Planetary image maps - High quality texture maps of planets in our solar system.
- Free Textures @ 3D-Rekonstruktionen.de - Download free textures in high resolution quality.
- High-Quality Textures - Free Digital downloadable textures for 3d builders and skinners for every 3d building application.
- Centralsource.com Effects Library - Flame, liquid, explosions, flares, and smoke effects. Some files and techniques are outdated but are still valuable learning resources.
You may also want to bookmark the following:
Almost all of the links posted here were pulled from this page of the official Blender website.