Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here’s a summary of today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.68 release status
- Bug tracker still at 115 open reports. No showstopper reports (things that used to work in previous release(s)).
- Sergey Sharybin likes a bit of time to fix 2 reports.
- Ton Roosendaal checks add-node error for HiDPI screens, Lukas Toenne is around to assist.
- Proposal: wednesday release-ahoy, thursday release! Also means the logs would get ready then.
- Splash – reminder to Bassam Kurdali to contact Ton!
2) Other projects
- Ton proposes: when he’s back from Siggraph, during august, he’ll try to set up a UI project for defaults and required changes/improvements for 2.7x
- Good news! Pixar will release OpenSubdiv in GPL-compatible license!
- Sergey has first threaded Object update work. On his 4 core system speedup was between factor 2-3. Tested with robot attack scene from ToS and a bunch of BBB chinchillas.
- Ton has been sending out warnings to students – it’s very important to communicate well about progress, especially with good docs and daily well logged commits.
- Midterm evaluation starts in two weeks. Students should make sure their planning and deliverables matches what was agreed on. Check for more info on the list here.