Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the notes from today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.64 release
- It seems there are some serious issues in the release, making an ‘a’ update required. Sergey and Campbell will list this all carefully. Mentioned were:
- Starting Blender from directory with non-ascii characters crashes (OpenColor)
- Adding new empty objects were always put at origin.
- After reviewing a lot of variations (‘a’ release this week, in two weeks, or a faster next release end of month), the meeting agreed on the following: 2.64a this week!
- End of tuesday, Campbell+Sergey+Brecht will have applied the most important (and well tested) bug fixes in the 2.64 branch, which then will get released as 2.64a on wednesday. (Note: remember to stick to 2.64 tagged libs too, boost and oiio libs were updated).
2) Targets for 2.65
- Thomas Dinges: Open Shading Language support + custom shaders.
- Daniel Genrich: his smoke branch, the GSoC smoke project, and laplacian smooth GSoC project.
- Campbell Barton: the GSoC weight-paint-transfer branch.
- Bastien Montagne pointed at his proposal for extracting translation strings from code.
Ton Roosendaal mentioned that we better stop doing this, and make a system that uses rna defined names. This is an old discussion – the UI scripts should stop making up own names to start with. Will come back later.