With Blender in BCon4 (preparing for release, only fixing crucial issues), it looks like RC2 will be released tomorrow.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's a summary of topics of today's developers meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.64 release
- Release Candidate RC1 goes ok, but tracker is still at 240 open (but a lot of fixes were done).
- Proposal: we do another RC2 tuesday, which also will be copied for the Project Mango DVDs. Next sunday we then do the final call for a release.
- Release log is updating very well (thanks Brecht van Lommel!).
- Still need docs for compositor nodes, can Jeroen Bakker check?
- Are there going to be game engine docs?
- Reminder: Blender is in BCON4, which means only do the essential fixing, lots of testing and write docs!
2) Other projects
- Wacom sent a couple of Intuos5 Touch tablets, Ton will seed two to developers. Anyone wants one sent over for free? Mail me your story why you'll use it well for Blender :)
- Note everyone: this wednesday - 26 September - we'll release project Mango (Tears of Steel) at the web!