Even during Easter, Blender development continues!
Thomas Dinges writes:
Hey everyone and Happy Easter! :)
Today’s meeting notes:
1) Blender 2.63 progress
- Sergey reports we have less and less critical issues in the bug tracker. Remaining issues: high memory usage of undo stack (might be fixed for 2.64?) and game engine crashes with textured meshes
- Campbell reports on his work this week.
- We agreed on doing a first release candidate middle of the week (11/12 April).
- Support for Kepler GPUs (Cycles/CUDA) will be provided as extra download. People who want to test these cards can then download a small zip archive with the needed render kernels. The CUDA 4.2 toolkit is still too unstable for general usage. We stick with Toolkit 4.0.
- Release logs in progress, help is welcome!
2) Current projects
- Francisco De La Cruz (XercesBlue) has been added as SVN commiter. He already fixed some bugs and added Vertex slide. Welcome :)
- Ed Halley reports progress on his outline modifier.
- Howard Trickey made some progress on the rounded bevel addon.
Google Summer of Code
- Deadline for submissions was on Friday, we have 45 proposals which we will check on in the upcoming days. Lot of work! :)
- Accepted proposals will be announced on 23rd of April.