Oliver from Blendtuts send us this very exciting message about their upcoming commercial video tutorial called Hologram. It looks very well made and depth-full, covering aspects from project sketch planing to modeling, texturing, and post processing. It is ready to pre-order for 12.90 Euro wich is not that much.
Finally the first blendtuts "big" tutorial is ready for preorder! :D
The tutorial is a complete project walk through, from it's concept, to the final animated and composited video.
Glows, different layers and scenes mixing, volumetric lights emulation (halos from the hologram projectors to the hologram), depth of field... theese are some of the effects to achieve. Also, modelling techniques, complete functional and limited rig for preventing non desired poses, use of actions, NLA, Graph Editor... all that is covered on this tutorial :) Here you have the trailer, in which you can watch the final result and a quick preview of what's coming soon :D
The process has been already recorded, there are about 11 hours of "raw" video, and I'm starting working on the voice over comments. The final product will have english and spanish audio, and there will be less hours, because some routine processes and rendertime will be acelerated :D
For more info about this product, like the chapters it will include and all that, you can take a look right here:
Hologram - Complete Project at blendtuts.com
I hope you like it!! See you! ;)
Here is a listing of the content:
- We'll discuse the inicial idea and how to make it work. Also, I'll have in mind all the things that I want to happen in the video, so we'll be prepared for them when building the project in 3D.
- Modelling the Logo (in this case, I modelled my own logo, you can do the same for making yours :)
- Modelling the hologram projector.
- Modelling the "Arms" (the parts of the projector that will open and project the hologram itself)
- Building the Scenery.
- Arranging Meshes: Arrange some visible errors on meshes
- Modelling Lights and Door.
- Setting up the scene
- Detail Modelling: Modelling some details before starting the rig.
- Rig: Rigging the hologram projector, doors and everything so it's easy to move and limited, for preventing unwanted movements or rotations.
- Adding some more details to the model and arranging some shapes.
5.Adding Materials and Illumination.
- How to create the volume emulation for the projection lights.
- Animating The hologram, the projector appearance and closing. We'll use keyframes, Graph Editor, Actions and NLA for making it fast and easy.
- Animating the hologram's distortion effect.
- Camera animations for getting the "Hand-held" movement.
- Active camera changes for jumping from one camera to another one during the animation.
8.Preparing the scene for compositing.
- Animating some lights, and materials' opacity and properties.
- Probably one of the most important part of this project. A lot of layers and nodes have been used: From color corrections and depth of field, to glare effects, neon glows and different layers and renders mixing.
- Final polishes and adjustments.
- Launching the final render.