The Blender Artists 10 Cubes Challenge is back! Sterling Roth brings you new prompts to hone your minimalistic modeling skills in Blender. For the full details and challenge submissions, please see the 10 Cubes category on the Blender Artists forum.
Let your limitations set you free
It seems that blender is losing more and more of its limitations, but sometimes having limitations can push creativity. so let’s take it back a step or two. try modeling an object, any object using just cubes. some ground rules might help to further limit you:
10 RULES FOR 10 CUBES
- Use only 10 cuboids.
- You can move them around any way you’d like
- You can rotate them around any way you’d like
- You can scale them any way you’d like - just keep the corners square.
- The ground plane is free (if you need one)
- Keep the lighting and materials simple
- All 10 cubes must have the same material
- Modeling and composition must be the focal point of the project
- Post your entries in the #10-cubes-challenge-2023 category; on social media please use the #BA10cubes hashtag.
- Have fun! Be creative! Make art!
We will be posting 10 prompts throughout the month to add another layer of limitation/inspiration. Create your own topic for each prompt - but feel free to post as many pieces in that topic as you want! Here is the current prompt: