Mr Mark Kingsnorth writes:
Wrap an object onto the surface of another object like a material, using a UV texture map as a guide, with Mesh Materializer.
The latest version now takes advantage of developments in Blender 3.4+ and comes with a completely different workflow, similar to Conform Object, with the advantage of an interactive modifier.
An overview of the new add-on is here:
- Simple right-click menu option performs the operation in one go.
- The add-on maps the X direction of the object to the U direction of the UV map and the Y direction to the V direction.
- Source object UVs and materials are transferred to the newly created object.
- Use in combination with any other modifiers.
- Control the height of the projected object above the Target Object.
- Position, scale and rotate the object on top of the Target Object.
- Update the original objects and the result will change in realtime.
- A Preview Mode helps you position the object by unwrapping the Target Object’s UVs.
Creates a regular Blender object that can be exported or edited once its modifiers are applied.
- Underlying objects are not affected.