We released a brand new version of our scattering plugin last Monday: Scatter5.2! This update introduces important new features and a long list of improvements! The update is free to all current owners of Scatter5 of course, and can be downloaded on your blendermarket user page.
Below are a few of the most important changes and additions:
A new volumetric distribution method will be waiting for you in the distribution method list.
A new tangent alignment option is available: Align to closest boundary edges, extremely useful for hard-surface scatters, such as greebles or cities!
We added a new "relax" brush to our manual distribution mode.
There is a brand new "Stable deform" distribution method. Resistant to any kind of deformation, this method is required when distributing points on animated mesh.
More new features:
- By popular request, our wind features are now seamlessly loopable. It will automatically adapt to your clip length, no need to adjust anything.
- We added the "Master Seed" slider. This seed has an influence on every other Scatter5 seeds, changing this seed is great for iterating over all possible environment designs quickly.
- Most Scatter5 properties can now be animated with keyframes or drivers.
- Our proximity "Remove Near" feature now has an option to consider volumes as well.
- A new 'Per Edge' distribution method is now available.
All features we offer in our plugin are elegantly presented in our online manual. Curious? Please take a look.
Scatter5 is the #1 scattering tool set currently available for blender, it is designed by and for professionals looking for a streamlined, complete, and polished workflow. Scatter5.2 is available on the Blender Market for individuals or studios.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us!
Dorian B, Founder & Lead Developer